Wednesday, August 31, 2016

A Family Tree with Nuts!

Don't forget your stairs!
Why have a beautiful flat wall that is crying for attention be unadorned and boring?   
I decided I wanted a Family Tree painted on my stairs.   Not just a small tree, but the whole staircase! 
My friend and artist Krista Beyeler is always willing to get involved in my crazy schemes and she has talent to draw and paint that I only wish I had!    
At first I picked out brown paints to draw a tree, but Krista encouraged me to buy a teal paint.  I am so glad I did!   
I told Krista a wanted a big base or trunk for the tree to put photos of our present family.  The tree should then curve up the staircase and branch out for pictures of ancestors.  I told Krista a Weeping Willow tree would be ironic and perfect. 
Krista drew the tree with a pencil on the wall freehand.    Wow!!! 
We then painted in the lines. 
I added the photos in order of the youngest grandchildren being at the bottom then swooping up to me, my siblings, my parents, grandparents, and so forth. 
I used different sizes of photos and frames and painted the frames different colors. 
Most of the frames I picked up at a thrift shop on the day of their half price sale.  The older frames at thrift shops or garage sales are better than the plastic frames at the $ Store.  They are easier to paint and are different dimensions.   
It is now always a piece of conversation when someone visits and I am proud to show off My Family.
I enjoy it everyday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment